- Rain and cloudy sunshine on a beach are still better than doing laundry.
- One little additional tequila shot can totally undo an evening of fun.
- It’s rather easy to de-pants yourself when jumping onto an inner tube.
- Dancing in 4.5″ Vegas heels without breaking an ankle is a challenge.
- Having a complete kitchenette in your hotel room and a hubs who enjoys cooking is awesome.
- I didn’t know sand could get in there.
- You meet the nicest people during a tropical storm. In a bar. On a beach.
- Electricity and running water turn out to be optional amenities in the islands.
- Weak-ass bikini top fasteners really create a whole new level of adventure and surprise.
- Waking up every hour throughout the night to make sure you don’t miss your 4:30am alarm so that you don’t miss your flight home is exhausting, but effective.
Archive for May, 2009
Why do I know this? Because I had an orchgasm when I saw the chick bass player pick up a trumpet during the opening band‘s set. Had another when Cloud Cult’s violinist and cellist took the stage. AND trombonist.
Now, I have a thing for bass players, and especially for chick bass players, ever since I played with Michelle in our indie-whatever-rock band in Milwaukee (and trumpet players, thanks to high school band road trips and really cheap booze, but neveryoumind about that one). Damn, I can still smell the mold in our basement practice room, these 10 years later.
I guess my point is this:
Don’t let the tedious advance of life lead you into lazy complacency. Go to a damn concert once in awhile. It’s totally worth paying the babysitter.